Diabetes especially the type 2 diabetes(NIDDM) is eating the men power fast. Millions of people are coming under its grip. Even experts predict to face a diabetes epidemic in near future. Also the same disease can bring various fatal diseases like stroke, heart disease and blindness.
However, there is yet a ray of hope. Here are some tips from the Aparicio and mayoclinic.com:
- Commit to manage your diabetes. This means accepting the fact you have the disease, and listening to your physicians and other health-care providers.
- Lose weight. Most people who develop type 2 diabetes are significantly overweight,
- Visit your doctors regularly. People with diabetes should see their endocrinologist, family physician and eye doctor once a year to check for signs of diabetes-related complications.
- Get vaccinated. People with diabetes often have weakened immune systems and are at greater risk for flu-related complications.
- Keep your blood pressure and cholesterol under control. People with diabetes have an increased chance of developing heart disease.
Source: EricTimes News